JOB TITLE: Design and Technology Technician
REPORTS TO: Head of Design and Technology
HOURS OF WORK: 8am to 3.30pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday,Tuesday and Thursday 8am to 4.30pm (extra hour is to assist with GCSE and A Level workshops – Term Time Only). 37 weeks per year (34 term time plus 15 days during the holidays)
SALARY: Band 3 Spine A Point 0 £22,149 pro rata
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
To support the teaching team in the department by ensuring all materials and equipment are ordered, maintained and prepared for lessons.
• To carry out routine maintenance of equipment, including hand and machine tools, replacement of cartridges and paper etc.
• Safety: report any safety problems to the Head of Design & Technology. • To monitor the use of equipment and machine tools used in the department.
• To carry out stock ordering on a regular basis and keep full up to date record and reconciliation of the department budget.
• To keep the workroom tidy and safe at all times.
• To keep all Health and Safety and risk assessments up to date in accordance with the Health and Safety Officers needs and latest H&S guidelines.
• To prepare materials for class project or individual work as directed by D&T teaching staff.
• To support with displays and with the production of teaching aids/materials as required.
• To set out and put away teaching aids/materials required for lessons, as directed by the teaching staff.
• To supervise and support small numbers of students as directed by the teaching staff within the D&T areas.
• To ensure commitments in regards to child protection and welfare are adhered to and best practice followed.
• Take all necessary steps to minimise any risk and report any concerns/feedback to the line manager
• Carry out other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested. Experience and Skills:
• Ability to communicate well with staff in the team and at all levels within the School
• Enthusiasm and ability to take part in a variety of duties
• Ability to work effectively whilst unsupervised, or possibly in the department working alone in line with the Lone Worker Policy.
• Tackle any tasks within the department, confidently, methodically, and safely.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer package and a willingness to be trained in the use of the design packages which are used in the department.
• Good record of punctuality and attendance.
• Ability to use own initiative and problem solve
• Know when (and be prepared) to ask for advice, or discuss solutions to problems.
• After consultation with the Head of Department organise own work schedule. Essential practical skills:
• A good working knowledge of using woods and/or metals
• Prior experience of using a Lathe, Mill, Grinder, Band Saw and Circular Saw Desirable practical skills:
• Knowledge of and ability to use (CAD) computer based programmes to control (CAM) machines such as the Laser Cutter and the 3D Printer
No description of responsibilities can be fully comprehensive and this job description is subject to review and modification as necessary. The Technician is also required to carry out other reasonable duties as are from, time to time, necessary.
A good all round ability is expected, but ‘on the job’ training will be given in particular areas as necessary. External, certified, Health & Safety training courses will be provided as necessary.
D&T Association is not responsible for the content of these uploaded files.
Posted On29th August 2018
SalarySalary Band 3 Spine A Point 0: £22,149 pro rata
Contract TypePermanent, Full Time
Apply By3rd June 2019
Aldenham SchoolView Recruiter
Create job alert
Reduce the time spent looking for jobs with custom notifications. Job alerts will select vacancies matching your preferred criteria and email jobs directly to you.Create job alert