The successful candidate will take over from a highly successful head of department who is moving abroad. The successful candidate will be a well-qualified experienced and enthusiastic graduate teacher. They will have the opportunity to further develop and build the department in this relatively new school. This is a full-time post from September 2019.
Design and Technology is a very important element of the school’s curriculum. The school is equipped with outstanding new facilities in the form of two specialist areas and a large materials preparation area. A workshop is fully equipped with a range of materials processing equipment and a CAD CAM room with a suite of 24 PCs, 2 and 3D software. This CAD area is equipped to a very high standard including a range of 3D printing machines, a large laser cutter, 3 axis engraving and milling and printer sublimation. The department is supported by a full-time technician.
A full time post is available for a candidate able to teach DT. We offer AQA Product design from Y9 to A level in 6th Form. The successful candidate will be a well-qualified and enthusiastic graduate teacher.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Work with fantastic and engaging students
• Enjoy an inspiring new building.
• Support the development of the department
• Take part in extra-curricular trips and visits
• Take a role in developing the subject area further.
• Work with a supportive Headmaster who is a design and technology teacher
The successful candidate will have:
• Leadership qualities and the desire to see their department profiled and thrive
• Qualified Teacher Status and an appropriate degree
• The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent examination results
• The ability to manage examination entries
• The ability to manage and deploy a significant budget
• The desire to promotion the creative and STEM subjects across the curriculum
• A passion for Designing and Making and the ability to share this with young people
• Excellent classroom management skills
• A sense of humour
• Excellent organisational skills and the flexibility to take on new technical challenges.
• The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team of staff
• The ability to manage the full range of resources in the department
• The ability to utilise the extensive facilities and CAD packages available
• Have knowledge of H&S requirements in the subject area and hold all appropriate certification in processes and equipment. (training will be available if required)
• Be able to develop CAD/CAM in 2D and 3D formats. The ability to cover KS3 electronics is welcome.
• Commitment to, and experience of, using a range of teaching styles and methods including ICT. Classrooms are equipped with IWB / digital projectors.
• Offer extra-curricular programmes in a range of sports and activities including Formula 24.
• Willingness to participate in the wider co-curricular life of the school
D&T Association is not responsible for the content of these uploaded files.
Job reference: Head of Department
Posted On5th April 2019
Contract TypePermanent, Full Time
SpecialismsDesign and Technology Teacher
Apply By29th April 2019
Start Date2nd September 2019
Kew House SchoolView Recruiter
Create job alert
Reduce the time spent looking for jobs with custom notifications. Job alerts will select vacancies matching your preferred criteria and email jobs directly to you.Create job alert