Calling DT Teachers - Student Activity Developer
Super Flexible, temporary
Working from home
£30-50 per hour
✔Do you have knowledge of the national curriculum?
Perhaps you a brilliant supply teacher, offer private tutoring or a teacher looking for additional opportunities
Perhaps you are retired or semi-retired and/ or want a role to fit around other commitments?We have a fantastic opportunity for you to be part of something truly unique. Your role
You will interpret and develop new ideas and translate them into deliverable mini activities to be undertaken within Schools, Colleges and Community Groups to spark interest and excitement in design and engineering for students initially in the 14-17 age range
We anticipate approximately 30 of these activities are required over the coming weeks and months.
A knowledge of the National Curriculum and learning outcomes would be an advantage
TEDI-London is an innovative new higher education institution in London wholly focused on engineering. It is co-founded by Arizona State University, King’s College London, and UNSW Sydney.
TEDI-London’s vision is to transform engineering education to transform lives – both for students and for the users of the products they design and make. Our mission is to attract and empower individuals and partners from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to develop the skills and confidence to create practical real-world solutions that advance how we live as a global community.
We will inspire, disrupt and transform.
TEDI-London will teach engineering differently. The curriculum will be unique in the UK, with total flexibility according to student needs. Students will be “professionals-in-training” and will be treated as professionals from day one. The programme will be split between project work, codesigned and delivered with support from employers, in which the students will make things and self-directed online learning through our Learning Tree. The projects will be supported by one-to-one mentoring and group work.
The goal is to attract and empower a diverse cohort of capable students, give them the skills to solve complex contemporary challenges, and provide employers with job-ready graduates through a flexible, project-based, rigorous learning program.
• Passionate about education and students
• Passionate about empowering future engineers
• Highly qualified in an area of responsibility
• Kind, thoughtful and highly communicative
• A team player
Our teaching delivery and pedagogy is disruptive and innovative. The only limit in delivering this work effectively is your imagination.
• To manifest a culture of support, engagement, learning, innovation and support for both students and staff.
• To be part of the core team in a highly reputable and motivated new HE organisation
• The development of innovative practical, engaging activities for potential student groups which can be delivered by colleagues engaged in outreach and inreach student recruitment roles
• Work with the Founding Lead and Deputy Dean on creating and translating new ideas into deliverables
Skills and Knowledge
• You will have experience in developing practical activities, lessons plans and solutions for a variety of practical activities ranging from 2-5 minutes up to 4 -5 hours delivery time
• Creative and passionate about widening participation and encouraging diverse groups of students who have never considered studying engineering to see the world of possibilities
• Self-starter able to meet the challenges of a high focus fast paced programme of work, able to work across a number of activities at the same time and to maintain pace and control
• Understanding of future students’ needs and a perspective on innovation in student engagement
• Excellent communication and coordination skills
• Flexibility and creativity to help shape the programme of work to achieve outcomesIf you are interested in working with us at TEDI-London please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with one side of A4 explaining how you meet the criteria for this role. We would love to hear from you.
D&T Association is not responsible for the content of these uploaded files.
Posted On11th December 2019
LocationCanada Water, London
Salary£30 - £50 per hour
Contract TypeTemporary, Part Time
SpecialismsDesign and Technology Teacher, Engineering
Job LevelsExperienced (non manager)
Apply By16th January 2020
Create job alert
Reduce the time spent looking for jobs with custom notifications. Job alerts will select vacancies matching your preferred criteria and email jobs directly to you.Create job alert