The Technician is accountable to the Head of Design and Technology.
Key responsibilities include:
• To maintain, check and clean the dust extraction equipment once a week.
• To maintain, check and clean the laser cutter once a week.
• To carry out repairs, maintenance and Health and Safety checks on all workshop equipment when necessary.
• To check and repair electrical equipment in both rooms from time to time and ensure they are in working order.
• To maintain the Store Rooms organized and tidy ensuring there is allocated space for student’s work.
• To assist in the construction of storage systems, installation of equipment, modification of equipment or installations relating to the department, or other school needs as requested by the Head of Design and Technology.
• To assist in the preparation of materials and displays for Open Days and others events relating to the department or other school needs as requested by Head of Design and Technology.
• To assist during practical lessons with demonstrations or ensuring students are adhering to the health and safety regulations.
• To ensure all teaching materials required have been prepared in advance and are ready to be used in lessons.
• To ensure all equipment and materials have been stored correctly at the end of every lesson.
• To maintain the fabric of the department (paint walls, create storage, fix fittings)
• To assist in the construction of sets for school drama and other productions;
• To assist with PAT testing.
D&T Association is not responsible for the content of these uploaded files.
Posted On19th September 2019
LocationEwell, Epsom, Surrey
SalaryIn accordance with the Ewell Castle Pay Scales which currently track in excess of the maintained sector’s pay grades, and will reflect the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
Contract TypePermanent, Full Time
Apply By27th September 2019
Start Date31st October 2019
Ewell Castle SchoolView Recruiter
Create job alert
Reduce the time spent looking for jobs with custom notifications. Job alerts will select vacancies matching your preferred criteria and email jobs directly to you.Create job alert