Digital Designer and Content Creator
The Design and Technology Association is the membership organisation providing advice, support and training for those involved in teaching design, engineering and technology. Through schools, we support young people to gain valuable skills like problem solving, team work, innovation and risk taking and also specialise in developing links between education and industry.
The Digital Designer and Content Creator plays a central role in producing engaging interactive content which make teachers’ professional lives more effective whilst at the same time challenging them to develop and improve both their professional practice and the curriculum offer presented to pupils. Making best use of the most appropriate technologies available, resources will include print, online, video and audio materials. Communication with members and non-members offers an essential route to promoting resources and providing additional support in the form of posters, articles, discussion pieces and information. Please note this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The successful candidate will:
- Create and deliver high-quality digital content
- Ensure website content is engaging, relevant and up to date
- Adhere to production schedules and deadlines
- Promote the D&T Association and its products and services effectively
- Successfully manage relevant budgets
Tasks and responsibilities
- Producing, editing and contributing to writing content for printed and digital publications supported by Publications Manager.
- Working in collaboration with appropriate staff, take responsibility for designing a comprehensive set of resources that are constantly updated and which make membership and projects irresistible.
- Co-ordinate the production of materials and resources, ensuring that contributors are aware of the project timeframe, materials required and budgetary restraints.
- Manage the Association's website presence and ensure they are an easy to navigate resource and communication point.
- Develop marketing materials for various services.
- Create campaigns to promote services using all marketing channels (email, social media, direct mail) and report back on effectiveness
- Write content/news pieces ensuring it is appropriate for identified audience
- Manage all social media channels
- Take responsibility for copyright, use and storage of images and video
- Manage customer surveys in conjunction with Membership, Marketing and Events Manager
- Develop and implement creative solutions
- Produce content and design the Association's digital membership magazine/s including writing and sourcing contributions
Skills and knowledge
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Organised with efficient time management and prioritisation skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good communicator with the ability to build helpful working relationships
- High level of IT literacy including advanced level of MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, video editing software
- Expertise in website management incl Content Management Systems (experience of Umbraco desirable but not essential)
- Highly literate - excellent written communication
- Relevant degree or equivalent
- A driving licence and access to a car is essential as this role will involve limited travel to schools and/or other organisations.
We are complying with all restrictions and ensuring staff and visitors are safe as much as possible. All staff are working from home some of the time but visit the office when required, dependent on the requirements of the job.
D&T Association is not responsible for the content of these uploaded files.
Job reference: DigDes
Posted On20th January 2022
Salary£26,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
Contract TypePermanent, Full Time
Apply By20th January 2022
Start Date2nd February 2022
Design and Technology AssociationView Recruiter
Create job alert
Reduce the time spent looking for jobs with custom notifications. Job alerts will select vacancies matching your preferred criteria and email jobs directly to you.Create job alert